As I mentioned earlier there are 3 ladies with whom I get together at least every other month. And this month was scheduled to be at my house. I was so excited because it definitely gave me a reason to get my Christmas decorations up (the past few years here we've been in varied states of moving/remodeling and have never really decorated for Christmas).
So my wonderful mom came over in the mid-morning and helped not only decorate, but also finish cleaning my house. And I don't mean she simply helped unload the dishwasher (which I would've been perfectly happy with)...she mopped and then hand scrubbed our floors!!! See I said she was wonderful. And don't think that I was just sitting around while she was doing that, no I was painting our new entryway (more on that later).
So in a matter of a few hours we were able to finish cleaning, painted 1 coat in the entryway, and completely decorated the house.
This vase here was thrown together at the last minute, literally the last minute. I had purchased these cinnamon sticks and bits and glittery leaf things last year after Christmas (when everything at Michael's was like 99% off, which I love doing) and was waiting for this Christmas to do something with them. Well I hadn't thought of ideas and we were in the 11th hour (I think that's the saying) and I just opened the cinnamon bags and dumped them in this vase (that I had just washed and hadn't yet put back in the cupboard so it was literally in the drying rack) and then shoved 2 glittery leaf things down the sides and there you go: 30 second centerpiece!
And yes, I pulled out the Christmas wreath from last year but this year hung it on our new porch. I keep forgetting to take a picture because I just hurry into the house to get warm and then forget to go back out haha, but it looks the same as last year but with new ribbon on the top.
No comments:
Post a Comment