Friday, July 13, 2012

Back to the Fifties

To say that Matt loves car/auto shows is an understatement. He has been looking forward to this car show all year. The month of June I basically "lost him" to our garage. He spent (almost) every free minute out there working on his truck. Not just any truck, but his 1954 Ford.

When the car show weekend came, he spent ALL of Friday, Saturday, and Sunday there. I mean ALL of it. Getting up at 4am and getting home after 7pm. But it's his thing and he loves it! I wanted to go one day, but couldn't go on Friday (because I work), and Saturday was just a long day, so I decided to go on Sunday (when the show only went until 3pm). Little did I know that we were going to be out the door by 5am! Ugh that was rough.

But it turned out to be a beautiful day, a little hot, but bearable. I of course brought the camera and my new lens (which I'm still in love with and have no plans to use the 30-day return policy) to try to get some photos that captured the day.

The car show is held at the MN State Fair grounds...which also means that tons of food vendors are there!










My cousin, Taylor, is in the metro area for the summer interning at the MN Zoo

Matt's parents came out too!

Probably the funniest thing I saw all day. Someone set up a fake dog, lifting it's leg on a car...and sprayed the ground with water!

Me and my handsome husband (and his handsome 1954 Ford...which is now for sale)

No comments:

Post a Comment